You should discuss all the aspects of the property selling process with your local Real Estate Agent
Decided to sell your property?
You have decided to place your property on the market, your objective is now to maximise its sale price, so how do you go about it?
Most people contact their local Real Estate Agent to start the conversation. This still remains the best option. Try to keep the agent local as they represent the best resource of knowledge of the area and understand the market conditions to better evaluate your position and expectations.
The following questions should be addressed during the meeting with the agent or with various agents in your area. A well qualified Agent will be happy to assist you and provide detailed information to resolve all of your concerns.
Key questions for discussions
- Are you a licensed real estate agent?
- What do you think my property is worth? How have you come up with that figure?
- How does my house present? What can I do to maximise the sale price?
- What’s the best method for selling my property? Offers over, fixed price, auction? Why?
- What’s an approximate time frame?
- What’s it going to cost me?
- What’s the state of the market?
- How long is it taking you to sell well priced listings at the moment?
- What marketing strategy do you suggest? Why?
- How much will be spent on marketing? Why
- What type of different selling Agency Agreements are there?
Based on reasonable feedback to your questions you should be able to ascertain whether the agent or the real estate agency is the one to support you in the processes of selling your property.